- Fuera de stock
The Art of the Chocolatier: From Classic Confections to Sensational Showpieces - Hardcover
A must-have guide to chocolate making and chocolate showpiece design, from renowned confectionery expert Ewald Notter.
Covering the full spectrum of chocolate work--from the fundamentals of chocolate making to instruction on advanced showpiece design and assembly--The Art of the Chocolatier is the most complete and comprehensive guide to chocolate making on the market. The book covers basic information on ingredients, equipment, and common techniques in the pastry kitchen, while also offering clear, step-by-step instructions on creating small candies and large-scale chocolate pieces.
This is the ideal book for pastry students enrolled in chocolate and confectionery courses, as well as working professionals and even serious home confectioners who want to improve their skills in advanced chocolate work.
- Illustrated step-by-step instructions cover all the essentials of chocolate-making, from tempering and creating ganache and gianduja to using molds, transfer sheets, and more.
- An entire chapter devoted to Creating a Competition Piece covers the ins and outs of confectionery competition, from preparing for the event and developing a concept to designing and building a winning chocolate showpiece.
- Beautiful full-color photos throughout provide inspiration for chocolate décor and showpiece design, while clear how-to photos illustrate key techniques.
The Art of the Chocolatier provides expert-level coverage of every aspect of the chocolatier's art for students and professionals alike.
About the Author
Considered to be a leading expert in and renowned master of modern day confectionery arts, Chef Ewald Notter is also known well known as a competitor and teacher. He has won numerous awards, including National and World Pastry Team Champion and Pastry Chef of the Year. In 2001, he won the gold medal with the US Team at the Coupe du Monde in Lyon, France, receiving the highest score ever recorded in sugarwork: 699 out of 700 points, helping the United States Team achieve its very first Gold Medal. In 2003, Ewald was honored from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences with the 5 Star Diamond award as "One of the Finest Confectionery Chefs of the World." He was also the first pastry professional inducted into the Pastry Art and Design Hall of Fame. Ewald continues to teach and coach internationally, all while publishing highly respected books on his craft. He is also the founder and owner of the Notter School of Pastry Arts in Orlando, Florida- a fabulous destination for both professional and aspiring pastry chefs from around the globe. The school is recognized as one of the world's most prestigious pastry schools, with teaching methods based on the artist-apprentice model practiced in Europe for many centuries.
- Hardcover: 416 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (January 18, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780470398845
- ISBN-13: 978-0470398845
- ASIN: 0470398841
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 1.2 x 11.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.4 pounds